The Cerna Foundation (TCF) was established to help those who do not have the means to help themselves – and in some cases, loved ones or even friends to support them.
Dion’s desperate situation checks all of those boxes – and she is blind, deaf and mute since birth. She has never been taught sign language or to read braille. Imagine a disposable life where people disregard you as if you were sub-human. Compound this by the inability to express yourself – to be able to shout, “I matter!” “I feel!” “I don’t deserve this!” This depiction is not an exaggeration. It has been Dion’s dark and silent reality for the majority of her 34 years.
Before being rescued, Dion was homeless – existing on the streets and being physically abused. Currently, Dion is in the care of Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, but her time there is quickly coming to an end. We do not want to see her back on the street. TCF is imploring you to help fund her safe haven and care until she is eligible for Medi-Cal in May 2015.
What does Dion need?
Dion needs $14,000
- $4, 500 is initially needed by March 15, 2015 to get her set-up in a residential care facility
- The remaining $9,500 will subsidize her care, and living expenses until Dion’s Medi-Cal coverage begins
- Dion’s unique situation requires 1-on-1 care as well as sign language and braille instruction
How can you help?
- Donate today, by clicking on the “DONATE NOW” button on the top of the page
- Is your office looking for a philanthropic cause? Then, “adopt” Dion and be the launch pad to start her new life
- Share Dion’s story on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google+. Simply click on the icon below at “Sharing is Caring”
With your donation, however big or small, you WILL initiate the goodness and humanity that Dion has been without for too long.
Sign-up for the Cerna Foundation newsletter (below) for updates on Dion.
The Cerna Foundation